Recite! Iqra’ Course
In this course, students will be introduced to the 28 Arabic alphabets, taught how to read and pronounce them phonetically as letters and words.
At the end of the course, students will be able to recognise and read Arabic words, leading them towards the reading of the Holy Qur’an.
Participants should maintain a deep passion and commitment to learn the reading of the Holy Qur’an. The course is conducted twice a week, over 15 lessons. Students are expected to practice between sessions at their own time, to enhance their learning progress.
- Commencement Dates:
Saturday, 8 July 2017
- Frequency: Once a week: Saturday, 2 pm to 4 pm
- Teacher: Ustadh Mohamed Abla
- Text: Iqra’ Book 1-6
- Medium of Instruction: English
- No. of Lessons: 15
- Course Fee : $180 (inclusive of registration fee & Iqra Reader book)
- Venue: SimplyIslam.sg (152 Still Road) [map]
This course is open to all students, of ages 15 and above. No knowledge, exposure or familiarity to the Arabic language or Qur’anic reading is required. At the end of the course students can expect to read the Holy Qur’an at a basic level and moderate pace. Students completing this course may further enhance their Qur’anic reading by joining the Recite! Qur’an Course.
- Brief History of Arabic language
- Introduction to Arabic Alphabets (Al-Huruf Al-Hijaiyyah)
- Arabic alphabets pronunciation
- Vowels (Fathah, Dhammah, Kasrah)
- Basic Rules of Recitation (Tajweed)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE COURSE?
- Individuals who are beginning an interest in learning the Arabic language.
- Individuals who intend to pursue a deeper study of the Arabic language – this course would facilitate their learning.
- Individuals/Muslims who wish to be able to read the Qur’an.
Ustadh Mohamed Abla was born in Morocco and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (Islamic Law) from Hassan II Mohammedia University in Morocco. He is now a Singapore citizen and an accredited Asatizah (teacher) certified by the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore and the Asatizah Recognition Board. He spent 6 years in Malaysia’s Pusat Ulumuddin in Kedah, Malaysia as an Arabic language teacher and Vice-Principal. He subsequently taught in Singapore for several years at Masjid Darussalam & Masjid En-Naeem, before joining SimplyIslam.sg in 2007 as its Arabic Language Consultant and Islamic Architecture Consultant. He also conducts regular interpretation assignments involving Arab trainees from Qatar, Bahrain, etc. While Arabic is his native language, he is also proficient with English and Malay.