SimplyIslam is pleased to organise the 8th batch of the Janazah Management Course. This course discusses subjects related to death and the afterlife, and the various aspects of a Muslim funeral. Participants in this course will learn the theory and practical on every aspect of managing a Janazah, the signs of near death/death and its significances, and much more.
Each Muslim who believes in Allah and the last day has to prepare for the day of their own departure and their loved ones. For indeed this worldly life is nothing but a transit station leading to eternity, Insha’Allah to the everlasting pleasure of Allah, to eternal life in Paradise. Allah Ta’ala mentioned in the Holy Qur’an:
“Everyone shall taste death. And only on the Day of Resurrection shall you be paid your wages in full. And whoever is removed away from the fire and admitted to paradise, this person is indeed successful. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception.” [Al-Qur’an 3:185].
- Janazah – An Introduction
- Death – preparations, significances, etc
- The state of Naza’ (near death)
- Instructing a dying person – Reading the Qur’an, etc
- After death procedures – Police report, Death certification, Permit burial, etc
- Washing the deceased body (al-Ghusl) Shrouding the Deceased (al-Kafn) for male & female – Adab, Differences between the deceased male & female, the place of ghusl, method, etc
- Practical: al-Ghusl, al-Kafn, Solat, etc
- The Funeral Prayer (Solat Janazah) – procedures, adult male/female, boy/girl, in absentia (solat al-ghaib), etc
- The Burial – digging the grave, placing of the body, qiblah direction, supplication, etc
- Visiting the Muslim Cemetery & Consoling the Deceased’s Family – sunnah, adab, clothing, supplications, etc
- Period of Mourning & ‘Iddah (period of waiting for widows)
- Course Dates: 5 & 6 November 2016 (Saturday & Sunday)
- Time: 5 pm to 10 pm (both days)
- Teacher: Muhammad Amir Bin Idris Ali (see profile below)
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Fee: $80 course fee + notes (inclusive of dinner & refreshments)
- Venue: SimplyIslam.sg (152 Still Road) [click here for map]
* Prayer facilities provided for males & females
* A certificate of participation will be given to each participant.
- NO prior knowledge is needed. There are NO prerequisites.
- Both MALE and FEMALE participants are welcome to attend this course.
- Qur’an reading capability will be an advantage (in reading the du’a or supplications, etc).
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Bro Muhammad Amir Bin Idris Ali is the Funeral Director of NUR Muslim Casket (Syarikat Pengurusan Jenazah NUR). He has been conducting janazah managament courses at PERTAPIS, PERGAS and Masjid Hasanah for the last several years. He has been handling Muslim funerals for almost 10 years.